Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Most Relaxing Week of my Entire Life!

So, in case you didn't know this, I have the best boss in the entire world. His name is Chad Deetz, and he was my youth minister growing up. But now he is my boss, and he is amazing. Now many of you are probably asking "Why is Chad Deetz so amazing?" Well here is why. He was so nice to give me this entire week off so that I could relax and get rejuvenated for the rest of the summer. Chad Deetz, you are the man!

So to enjoy my week of the 4th, I came down to Pawleys Island, SC to hang out with one of my best friends Matthew Deegan. And I also got to see my friends Shelbee and Rachel from Erskine this past week as well. This week has been so awesome. I have actually done a whole lot of nothing, which is what has made it so great. This week has just been very relaxing and restful. Lots of swimming in the pool, grilling out, and just chilling and enjoying myself. It has been so nice. And it really has gotten me excited and rested up to have a ton of enthusiasm for the rest of the summer. I am very thankful for this past week to rest. But what is even better, is my week is not over yet. Tomorrow, I head up to Lexington, SC to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and most importantly, my niece. It has been over 2 months since I have seen them, and I cannot wait any longer. It is going to be good to get to spend some quality time with some of my family. So I am very excited about the rest of this week as well. And then, on Sunday (which is my birthday, woo-hoo) its back to work again. But I am glad about that too, because i have missed it a lot.

Matthew 11:28- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Did you know that the word rest (or some form of it) can be found in the bible over 500 times? I think that is pretty awesome! It's obvious that God meant for us to be restful at times. After all, he did put an entire day into our week (the Sabbath) for us to rest. In the society we live in today, it is all about go, go, go, and we always have to be productive. But that's not how God meant it to me. God also meant for us to rest and relax. I also have a song lyric for you:

"Sunday was a day of rest, now its one more day for progress. And we can't slow down, cause more is best, its all an endless process."

--Mayberry by Rascal Flatts


We think we dont have time to rest on the Sabbath. But it is necessary. I also found this lyric appropriate since the man of Mayberry, Andy Griffith, passed away this past week. That is a  sad day in American Television. I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!


This was the pool where I spent most of my week! It was glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment