Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Top 5

Well, I just completed my first week of teaching. It was a pretty long week, but I absolutely loved it. i learned a lot during my first week, so I decided to write a TOP 5 things I learning in my first week of teaching.

1. Plan not to go to the bathroom all day long.

I had heard this about teachers, but wasn't sure if it was gonna be true. But, it really is. Even though I have a planning and a lunch, something always comes up, and there is always something to do, and I rarely make it to the bathroom. So just go ahead and plan to not go all day. Don't worry, your body will adjust to it. Haha.

2. Be prepared to eat your lunch in 10 minutes, or usually less.

Even though I have a 20 minute scheduled lunch, and I even have a duty free lunch, I still end up stuffing my lunch down my face. Because there are always copies to be made, or teachers to talk to, or something else to be done. And those 20 minutes will disappear faster than you can even imagine. So learn how to eat really fast.

3. Keep Calm and Teach On

Kids are going to get frustrated and maybe even begin screaming in your classroom. But, you just have to remain calm no matter what and remember what you are there for. Take time, solve the problem, and continue to teach on. Everyone gets frustrated at times, kids too. So just bear with them, and continue to do your job.

4. Be Flexible

This is something that I have definitely continued to learn while teaching. Being an Elementary resource teacher, scheduling is very difficult. I pull students into my classroom for small group instruction. And coordinating with the other teachers to make sure I am pulling them at the right time is hard. But, luckily the administration at my school has been working with me and helping me with my schedule and such. So I think we finally have it all worked out, and I am ready to continue with my 2nd week of teaching.

and the last one......

 5. Love

It is so easy to just love these students. But more importantly, its been so awesome how I have immediately been loved by my students. Some of my students were telling me how much they loved coming to my classroom after only 2 days of coming. How awesome is that? They get so excited to see me every day and it is so awesome. So love your students no matter what. No matter how mad they may be on one day, or how well behaved they are the next, love them unconditionally all the time.

I am absolutely loving my job right now. It is difficult at times, sure. But my school is awesome. It is such a family and I couldn't be happier being a part of that family. Everyone is so supportive of what I do and it make me feel like I truly belong. So I can't wait to continue to teach! It is going to be a fantastic school year! Below are a few pics of my classroom:


The Sign outside my door
My Bulletin Board

My Reading Corner


Computer Station
My Classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment