Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is Blogging for me?

So blogs seem to be pretty popular right now. So I thought, "Hey, why not get one myself." Now, before you start thinking that the only reason I am starting this blog is because everyone else is doing it, give me a second to explain myself. I am beginning this blog for a few reasons. One, somehow, by some miracle I think, I have actually turned into a writing person. Growing up, I was always the math guy (which is stereotypical with boys, as they typically do tend to do better in math compared to English or Writing.) But over the years, I have developed into a decent writer. My dad has always seemed to comment on how well my writing has gotten, especially recently. So I thought this would be a neat way to express my writing.

But there is another reason that I am starting this blog. This summer, I am getting to work as the youth intern at the church I have grown up at my entire life, Bethel United Methodist Church in Spartanburg, SC. Having this internship has always been a dream of mine, ever since I was a member of the youth group myself. Now, three years removed from youth, I am getting to return to the group that made such an impact on my life growing up, and hopefully be able to make an impact on some young peoples' life. I know that I am going to encounter some amazing experiences this summer, so this will be a way for me to document those experiences and share them with you guys. I am so excited about this summer, and cannot wait for it to get started. But first I have to finish up exams. Which speaking of those, I am using a study break to begin this blog, and now I really need to get back to studying. I hope to keep this blog updated throughout the summer, and maybe even after that. But if you wanna read about some experiences I have this summer, then feel free to read it. I also hope to close every post with either a verse of scripture that has been helpful to me recently or a song lyric that is I really enjoy. I'll start tonight with a song lyric, that also explains the title of my blog.

"Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see."  -- Brandon Heath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AkNqLuVgY (listen to it here)

This song has always been something special to me. I want to have the eyes of God so that I can truly see what is going on in the world and know where to help. If you have never heard the song, I strongly recommend you to go listen to it. Its a great encouragement that reminds us that there is a lot going on around us that God has called us to help with, and sometimes all it takes is something as simple as opening your eyes to view the world as God does to reach out a helping hand. Thanks, and I hope you choose to read about my experience this summer!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about your experiences this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope everything is going well for y'all!

      Delete
  2. Yeah Todd!I'm your first follower! I am really excited for you this summer, you are going to be the perfect fit for the Bethel Youth. I am so proud of you and please feel free to say anything you want about Chad, I won't tell. Love you Tater Todd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I am so excited about this summer! We will have to see how much comes out of my mouth about Chad! And by the way, your prize for being my first follower is that you get to use me as a babysitter this summer! Yay! Can't wait to be apart of the Deetz family again!

      Delete