Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Time for Celebration

Finally, after a long, hard-working semester, I was able to celebrate that it was over. I finished my last exam on  Thursday morning, and I was very glad to be done for the semester. And so Thursday night was a time for celebration. So, me and my friends Joey and Kevin went to see Zac Brown Band concert at the Bi-Lo Center in Greenville. It was absolutely amazing! Probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to in my entire life! And it couldn't have been a better way of ending of the semester.

I spent Friday just chilling out with some friends as the semester came to a close, and Saturday came the day for graduation. No, I wasnt graduating (even though part of me wishes I was and another part of me is very glad that I was not.) But I did have a lot of friends who were graduating today. It was such an exciting time for them as they all take that next step in their life and move on to great things. But it also was hard to say my goodbyes today. I really don't handle goodbyes very well. Erskine is a special place with some awesome people that allows for you to build some friendships that you just know will last you a lifetime. So it was hard to say goodbye to those friends who are moving on today, and even hard to say see ya later to my friends who will be back at Erskine next semester, cause its gonna be a while before I see them all again. But regardless, it was a fun day, and good to celebrate the end of another semester. Its so crazy to think that this time next year, it will be me walking across that stage. I cannot believe how fast this time in college is going.

Now I am home for the summer. I am excited to be here, and so excited about my job, but also, its definitely gonna be different since this will be my first summer home since I have been in college. We will just have to see how that plays out. But I know it's going to be an amazing summer with God guiding me along the way. I leave you with a lyric from a song that describes my relationship to all of my friends.

"I get by with a little help from my friends." --- The Beatles

I have been so blessed to have so many great friendships in my life, including many of those who graduated from Erskine today as well as so many more that will graduate with me next year at Erskine.  These past few days have been an awesome time to just celebrate friendship, and enjoy them. I wouldn't be able to survive without my friends. They are always around for me to count on in times of need. So to all my friends out there, thank you! You guys are awesome. I can't wait to continue building my friendship with all of you, and I also look forward to the many more friends that I make over the rest of my lifetime. Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment