Tuesday, May 8, 2012

You won't like me when I'm angry

So today I REALLY began to feel the stress of the end of the semester. I literally studied all day for my history exam, and then took it this evening. I hope I did well enough on it to get the grade I want in the class. But I'm not sure I did. But most of all, I am just glad IT IS OVER! That is my first exam out of the way, with two more to go. But the reason I am writing about stress is because when I get stressed, I end up getting angry. And being angry is never a good thing. My stress is coming from a lack of sleep most likely, and lack of sleep just makes me a little irritable., and that's just not a good combination. So starting today, I am going to try and not get angry anymore. I know its going to happen at some point, but I am going to try to not let myself get angry, particularly when it comes to something such as school or anything like that. So tonight, I am writing this blog for two purposes. One, as another study break (can't you see that I love study breaks.) and two, because I have heard that writing is a good stress reliever, so I thought I would give it a shot.  Two bible verses helped me get through tonight:

Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold."

1 Peter 5:7  "Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."


It's never a good thing to give the devil a foothold. Because when the devil grabs hold of something, it's really hard to get him to let go. But anger is one of those things that the devil can use to control you and get you to do things that you may not necessarily want to do, but you do them anyways. But it is so nice to be able to know that no matter what we go through, no matter when the devil gets a hold of us, we can turn to our Savior Jesus Christ, who has already taken all our sins, our stress, and everything to the cross for us. Its such a relief to know that we always have someone that loves us that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment