Monday, June 25, 2012

The Life of a Youth Intern

So if I had to choose only one word that fits the job description for what I do, it would be the word BUSY! Wow, I thought I had a crazy life it school, balancing school work, social life, extracurricular activities, and everything else I do. But I am just as busy, if not more busy this summer. But its ok, because its a different kind of busy, a good kind of busy. I am absolutely loving what I am doing right now. So you might ask, well what exactly is that you have been doing?

Well, last week we had Vacation Bible School, round 2! But this time it wasnt my church that was putting it on, it was jut the youth group doing it for the daycare program at our church. It is known as our practice run in an effort to continue to prepare for our Mission Trip to Florida coming up in late July. But it is not only a practice run, but also just as much as a ministry opportunity as our mission trip itself. I always loved doing this when i was a member of the youth myself, but this year was a little bit different for me. This time, I just got to kind of roam around and see everything that was going on. It was really great to just be able to sit back and watch the amazing work that the youth were doing. It was truly a blessing to see how they impacted these children's lives. And I got to do some sing and play just like back in my day. Which just absolutely made my experience amazing.

I was also able to meet a young little boy who was just full of joy.  There was this 3 year old boy who has down syndrome. He was such an amazing little child who I got to interact with a lot during the week. And it was amazing because it was a way for me to tie in my major while working at my current job, which I love.  It was so much fun, and it made my week so much more fun!

Outside of my work, I went to a wedding this past weekend to celebrate the marriage of two pretty awesome people. It was not only a beautiful ceremony, but it was also great because I got to see a lot of my friends from Erskine which is always a pleasure.

On some really random notes, I was really upset the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship. I really dont like the Miami Heat.  And I have also really enjoyed watching the South Carolina Gamecocks go for their 3rd straight National Championship in baseball! Go Gamecocks!

So my song quote tonight really has nothing to do with anything, other than it was a bible school song and it was really a lot of fun to lead all week at VBS.

"A rig of bamboo, now what is that? Its something made, by the Princess Pat. Its red and Gold, and purple too! So you should take, a rig of bamboo."

Not only did I love leading this song at VBS, but Chad Deetz (there is your shout out buddy) really loved this song! And, I initially learned this song at Camp Hope (one of the greatest places on Earth) and anytime I have a chance to think about Camp Hope, then I am going to be in a good mood.


Everyone having a good time in Sing and Play!


A group of people enjoying time in Snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment