Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer is just getting started!

So yea, I know, its been a while since i have written my latest blog post, but thats cause since the last blog post, I have been so busy! But its been awesome, and I have really enjoyed this summer so far. So here is what I have been up to!

We had graduate weekend for our seniors in the youth group, which was a really fun way to celebrate their time they have spent over the years in the youth group. It was a little surreal for me, cause its been 3 years since i have graduated. Hard for me to believe that. After graduation weekend, I have just been doing a lot of work in the office, mainly planning the whitewater rafting trip which we have coming up! We leave on Sunday, and I am so excited! So lots of planning on that.

We have also had our BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch) bible study, which we have throughout the summer. It was a great first one, because we talked about the differences in denominations. It was really a neat topic for me, since I have had a lot more influence from other denominations since being away at college. It was a very neat discussion!

I also got to play the role of Principal Jones in the Youth's musical. The person who originally had the role couldn't be there this past Sunday, and we performed the musical during the worship service, because it was youth Sunday, and the BUMS took over the entire service. It was a lot of fun, even though I only got my part a couple of days before the musical. But it was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed, and it actually went very well!

Finally, i made it to this week, and this week has been so busy! We have Vacation Bible School (VBS) going on at our church this weekend. I am helping out by acting in the skits as "Ranger Recruit Todd" as well as being a crew leader for the 5th and 6th graders. It has been so much fun! I have really enjoyed it, and we have our last night tomorrow! Then, as I mentioned earlier, we leave for our Whitewater Rafting trip on Sunday, which I cannot wait for! It will really be a great opportunity for me to really begin to fully connect with the kids!

This verse has really been on my mind lately:

Romans 12:1-2: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and please to God - this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will. 


I am really learning what it means to truly give up my life as a sacrifice! I have worked some crazy hours for this job lately, some 10+ hour days! It has been tough and exhausting at times, but it has also been totally worth it. I have loved my summer so far, and I have barely even technically started (tomorrow, it will only be officially 1 week of work.) So I still have 9 more weeks to go, and I know they are gonna be some of the best 9 weeks of my life! Its going to be a great summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment